California Dreaming




If there is one fruit my kids absolutely love is strawberries.




They are obsessed with them! To the point where I can hardly keep up with the demand.

I mean, these kids will eat at least a pint of strawberries while reading books at bedtime.





This made me think of our strawberry-picking day at Kenny’s Strawberry Farms in Fallbrook, CA a few months ago.



I am California dreaming about being there now, away from the AZ heat and picking endless amounts of strawberries for my strawberry monsters.





A few months ago, we surprised my daughter with a trip to Disneyland to celebrate her birthday.


We drove to San Diego to spend a few days in one of my favorite cities before heading to Anaheim.


I lived in Chula Vista, CA when I was young  and I hold precious childhood memories in my heart  from our days in San Diego and Coronado Island. My cousins would spend the summer with us. We would go to Seaport Village, San Diego Zoo or spend a day at Coronado Beach or Balboa Park and of course we had take a trip to Disneyland every summer.



I love making new memories with my children in the same places I used to visit my parents and little brother. Now as a family of four, we always go to Seaport Village when we are in San Diego.

Flying a kite at the embarcadero and enjoying a Gyro at Greek Islands Café has become a tradition.



This time, we decided to drive to LA from San Diego and stop in Temecula on the way. We wanted to do a short stop before heading to Anaheim since we knew our hotel room wouldn't be ready until late afternoon.


Kenny's Strawberry Farm is only 5 minutes south of Temecula.




Temecula has a few berry farms (and wineries) and we happened to be there at the perfect time for strawberry picking. This activity was the perfect way to start my daughter’s birthday celebration.


Last year we drove north to Dewey, AZ for our first strawberry picking at Mortimer Farms and the kids had a great time so we knew this would be a great experience. Stopping at the farm was not in our original plans, but we are glad we made an impromptu stop.




The kids had so much fun picking strawberries and we were able to wash and enjoy our pick at the farm. The farm has a shaded area with picnic tables and you can enjoy lunch there or just snack on your harvest before heading out.



We were not able to pick blueberries since they were not in season yet but we will definitely visit Temecula Berry Company next summer.

As I am running to the store to restock on strawberries (for the third time this week!), I am daydreaming of our trip to the strawberry farm and looking forward to making this another one of our traditions when we go to CA next spring.


I will definitely plan on bringing lunch with us next time to enjoy more time at the farm.


If you are planning on visiting California this summer, try to add strawberry picking to your itinerary. Just make sure to double check their website or call before heading there, the farm can close due to weather or supply shortages.

Happy picking!







Comments

Popular Posts