Avocado Tomatillo Salsa


There is nothing better than a homemade salsa, to complement the homemade tortillas my kids like to make. When I make Mexican food at home and I have the time to make salsa, this is my go to salsa, along with pico de gallo or salsa roja.

A few months ago, we had a salsa competition at work and guess what? My salsa won in one of the categories. Does this mean I can call it Award Winning Avocado Salsa?? Just kidding! 😉

This avocado salsa is creamy and packed with flavor. It’s like a cross between guacamole and salsa verde. My favorite salsa!




Ingredients:
  • 1 large avocado halved, pitted and peeled
  • 8 large Tomatillos, husked, rinsed and quartered
  • 1 Serrano chile, stemmed
  • 1 clove garlic
  • 1/4 small white onion chopped
  • 1 cup chopped cilantro
  • Kosher salt to taste
  • Lime juice (1 lime)

Salt and pepper to taste.
Combine tomatillos, garlic, chile and onion in the food processor. Using on/off turns, process until vegetables are chunky. add the rest of the ingredients and blend until a puree forms. Transfer to medium bowl. Season with salt. Can be made 4 hours ahead. Press a damp paper towel directly onto surface of salsa and chill.





This salsa pairs well with quesadillas, tacos or tortilla chips.




Happy cooking!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts