Summer Vision Board for Kids


Our freezer has been acting up lately and we were finally able to schedule the repairman to check it out. Although I was very happy to finally get our freezer checked, I was worried this would take hours with my toddlers being confined at home and not able to go out and play in a 100+ degree day.

My 4 year old loves to plan (she planned her last birthday party), her latest plans are coming up with activities she wants to do during the summer. This gave me the idea of having her create her own vision board. I LOVE vision boards! A summer vision board will help her focus on things she wants to do and will also remind mom and dad of the fun activities we can do in Arizona.

This activity was perfect for a day spent indoors and we happened to time it during little brother's nap time so it made it extra special to have a Mommy & Daughter project.

This was a great activity that had my little girl entertained (and away from the TV) for a few hours and we spent no money. All the supplies we needed were already part of our art supplies.

All we needed for this fun project was: magazines/newspapers, scissors, glue stick, and cardboard and a willing toddler!

She was so excited when I explained she could go through the magazines and cut out all the fun activities she would like to do during the summer.

Last December, I got a subscription to Phoenix Magazine (along with a bottle of wine), from a white elephant party with an amazing group of mommy friends. I love getting my magazine every month! First of all, I think of my friend every time I get it. I get to leaf through it when kids are in bed and daydream of lovely days exploring this beautiful state.

These magazines were perfect for my girl's summer vision board.


First she cut out all the cool activities she found in the magazines.


I had just cleaned out our coat closet and had a large gift box which we used as her board.



Once she cut all her activities, she then laid out all the pieces to make sure she had enough space to place all the pieces. Once she was happy with the layout, she started gluing.



Do you see the water bottle on her vision board? I was so proud of her when I saw her cutting it out. Daddy had asked her the night before to drink lots of water since there was a heat warning. I guess she was listening! 😊

It looks like we'll be busy this summer going to the Arizona Science Center, Arizona Puppet Show, Out of Africa Park, going to the splash pad, Odysea Aquarium , swimming, Children's Museum, horseback riding, spending time family, cooking and of course, drinking lots of water!

Do you have any suggestions my girl might have left out?








Comments

Popular Posts